You are here >Forum

Minimize

South African Worldwide Friendship Forum

Home  | Arcade  | Active Topics  | Search Forum
You are logged on as
CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/)
Show the shout box
Share Options.. Share this page with others on:
Welcome to the #1 'Come Dine With Me South Africa Recipe' source according to Google.
Our Forum is filled with a world of information on Come Dine with me, including Season 2 & MasterChef, and We'd love it if you'd join us! You will find info on Contestant's, Recipes and even a few Spoilers. We'd appreciate if you could join us and share you views on the shows too.
Membership is absolutely 100% free and registration is fast and simple so come on in and join our community today!! (Valid email required)
BTW. this message disappears once you've Logged in!
>South African Worldwide Friendship Forum >Health >Mental Health >

How to calm a person with Schizophrenia

Please Login To post    Page  of 1    

Unity Submitted on the 2020/06/24 21:52:13
Community Ranking : Friendship God : 1000100010001000100010001000
Total count : 9308

Don't argue.
In their mind they right and that is it..

Use simple directions, if needed.
Fine example, I do my son's washing and have to tell him to pack it away please.

Give the person enough personal space so that he or she does not feel trapped or surrounded.
They need a calm space, their own space.

Call for help if you think anyone is in danger.
Listen to what they say.... keep on saying things like, I would be better off dead. Life has no meaning..

Move the person away from the cause of the fear or from noise and activity, if possible.
Peaceful settings are calming for them. No major decor or art work etc

Focus the person on what is real.
Be aware they are manipulative. And will get things out of you that you wouldn't normally give to them when they not having an episode.

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.

Unity Submitted on the 2020/07/02 10:32:02
Community Ranking : Friendship God : 1000100010001000100010001000
Total count : 9308

After reading about a million articles on the net (or so it seems)
I thought what the hell, do these people even live with some one that suffer from Schizophrenia?
I don't think so, let me give examples of some to the episodes, and my way of solving the issue.

1. I hate you, I wish you where dead..... I keep quite, and wait for the moment, and reply no matter what I love you, and one day we will all die.
2. I wish I was never born. I was not ever wanted or loved..... again I wait a few minutes, and reply, some days seem harder than others, you a blessing not just to me but to many. I am proud to have you as my son, and am grateful you are here.

The list goes something like that, not leave them alone so they can get more confused. Not allow them to wonder off alone and feel afraid.

I am not a doctor I am a mother, and I am proud of the way I handle my son. He has tried to commit suicide on more than one occasion. And each time I have never left his side.

I give him his space, and allow him his time I don't sit beside him 24/7

I think the way I have gone about this, has helped my son.
When he says hateful things I find some truth in them, and I find some confusion in them.

But at the end of the day he is my son, and I will always love him.

Never give up....

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.

Please Login To post    Page  of 1    
Previous TopicNext Topic

Friendship Visits

Minimize
:Start:12:54:231 2x sql:12:54:231 Bot check:12:54:278 count done:12:54:278 Done:12:54:293